a green magic apprenticeship
•Music• Dance• Plant Medicine• Food Alchemy• Sisterhood • •Divine Feminine Study•
LUGNASADH-August 4,5,6 • 2017
SAMHAIN-November 3,4,5 • 2017
IMOLC-February 2, 3, 4 • 2018
BELTAINE-May 4,5,6 • 2018
LUGNASADH-August 3,4,5 • 2018
Join Erin Rivera Merriman of Active Culture Family and Bridge Temple at Elder Farm in Descanso, CA (San Diego County) for a year long plant spirit medicine apprenticeship and priestess path initiatory intensive in which we will gather monthly online as well as in person once per season to celebrate the 4 Cross Quarter Earth Holy Days and dive deeply into the mysteries of a path of service through devotion to nature and the feminine.
This program has been conceived as an intimate opportunity for 15 devoted practitioners to support each other in making an evolutionary leap toward radical embodiment of personal truth. Together we will embark on a healing journey through the chakras and the seasons with Sacred Plant Medicines and Goddesses from around the world as our teachers and guides. Our cross cultural curriculum aims to help us to identify the underlying commonalities of the path of the Priestess (servant of Goddess) and deepen our understanding of this archetypal configuration and role in the cosmic order as it has evolved throughout time. Our study aims to nurture an appreciation and respect for the beauty and variety found in different living traditions while assisting us in finding our own most authentic pathway into the mystery.
WE WILL WORK WITH THE FOLLOWING FOUNDATIONAL PRECEPTS THROUGHOUT THE TRAINING:
1. WE WALK THE PATH OF DEVOTION TO NATURE AND THE FEMININE
We will begin by learning about Goddesses from around the world and selecting a patron Goddess to work with for the duration of the program. Each Yogini/Priestess/Green Witch will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of an altar for HER that will reside on the land in your absence and serve as your own personal sacred space where you can go to reset and integrate at any time throughout the training.
We will look deeply at the different roles we have played throughout time on our journey of exploring the archetype of the Yogini/Witch/Priestess/Other Non-Conforming Wisdom Keeper, including Priestess as:
•farmer/space holder/container maker
• prostitute/divine concubine/courtesan/sacred whore
• destroyer (of illusions)/initiatrix
• medicine carrier/medicine woman/shapeshifter/healer
2. WE ARE READY TO commit to caring for our own BODIES in such a way that enables them TO truly BE A VESSEL FOR SPIRIT
Karma Clearing, Healing of Family of Origin Wounds, upgrading our emotional processing tools for achieving emotional mastery, diet, use of sexual energy- these have all been important areas needing to be addressed if we trully desire to become a hospitable vessel for spirit to flow through and embody and share Magic in a very real way. In the Medicine Mandala Apprenticeship, we will study a variety of traditional practices and tools for preparing the body to recieve, contain, and responsibly share increasingly potent energies.
3. WE WALK IN SUCH A WAY THAT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WE ARE AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN JOURNEYING WITH PLANTS ALONGSIDE US AS TEACHERS, FRIENDS, AND GUIDES
Apprentices will receive a thorough introduction or refresher course in the fundamentals of the Wise Woman Tradition of Herbal Medicine, including:
• The way of the kitchen witch
• Preventative medicine through working regularly with nourishing, toning herbs
• Plants as essential ingredients in any ritual or ceremony
• Botany, Plant Identification, Medicine Making, and Ethical Wildcrafting
•Inviting Plants into your rituals and ceremonies
•Multidimensional Partnership with Plants through Traditional Plant Spirit Medicine
• Healing through Green Magic
4. WE HONOR PLANTS AS MASTER TEACHERS, GUIDES TO PERSONAL, COMMUNITY, AND PLANETARY HEALING, AND co-FACILITATORS OF THIS YEAR OF STUDY
Each gathering will include a seasonally themed medicine ceremony . (Although we deeply honor all teacher plants, we have noticed that when we say "medicine" here on the west coast, many people assume we are speaking about Ayahuasca, which although beloved to us, is not aligned with our vision for sustainability, so will not be included in our training program. Explore the curriculum for the individual training weekends here. ) We will journey together with the intentions of healing ourselves, our communities, and the planet, as well as celebrating and connecting deeply with the unique energies of the season, weaving in the specific teachings shared in classroom time, and in our monthly online workshops and creating opportunity to have first hand, embodied, personal experience of the effectiveness and distinct flavor of the plants, healing modalities, and Goddess energies we are studying each season.
EACH MODULE INCLUDES
• Daily Classroom Time with Erin Rivera Merriman and various guest teachers
• 3 Meals per day of ancestral foods, nourishing herbal infusions, medicinal elixirs, and healthy snacks.
• Seasonally Themed Medicine Ceremony for Personal and Planetary Healing
• Study of Goddess Worship traditions from around the world that strengthen the intuition and facilitate direct access to the wisdom of the natural world and the heavenly host of benevolent beings that surround us and support us on our journey.